Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm so bummed I had to leave NY before actual fashion week. Not that I neccesarily would have been able to see any big shows..but just to be there an extra week would have made me feel fancy. I happened to be in London last year during fashion week. Complete accident, but I saw a show at Topshop the day before Valentine's day and I felt very glamorous.
Anyhow, to see what I missed I've been on style.com all morning.
As always, I fucking love everything Christian Lacroix touches.



Wowowowowwwwww.
These two from Zac Posen are super inspiring:

I love the difference between the tight gloves and voluminous sleeves. So romantic!

And oh my god I love this!!! The floral is so luxe and the sillhouette of the whole look is divinnneee. It makes me want to be all matchy-matchy, which usually just makes me think of old ladies and little girls.
Its funny, I'm so fashion-focused, but I look like such a ragamuffin most of the time. I feel like I'm always on the verge of getting my life under control, but I never can cross that threshold.
I only dress the way I want to when I'm on vacation.
Who am I trying to impress in Sacramento?
But in a way, it makes way more sense to make an effort in my home town than to dress to impress people I'll probably never see again, right? I don't know.
Anyway.
Givenchy is a label I've never really taken an interest in, but I happened to come accross this magnificence:

It makes me want to take this whole Egyptian-archeology theme one step further and dress my girls like mummies....hmmmm there might be a little wrapping involved...

It's nice to be finally keeping track of the transformation of ideas in my head. I usually just write little "note-to-self"s on scraps of paper and lose them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this white dress is very dreamy..