Friday, February 13, 2009

To those who may not (and probably don't) know, Sapphire Cordial is a clothing label I (Jamaica Cole) started in 2006. Its been a long process of lack of motivation, lack of funds, apathy battles and enormous frustration to get to the point I'm at now, a place where Im focused and sick enough of working shit jobs for other people that Im willing to risk not making rent in order to devote all my time to material endeavors. 

SC is based in Sacramento, Ca. 
I've done a variety of fashion shows in the area in the last two years (Church of Satin, Magnum Opus in Spring 07 at the Library Galleria, Fashionably Live at Avalon, Mantra at Red Lion Inn, Threaded and Fashion Riot at Townhouse).
Photos to come of that show soon. In the meantime, here are some pieces I showed there:
This dress is approx. a size 4, made of shantung satin with vintage buttons up the side of the bodice and its currently hanging in my room (which psssst: means its totally for sale)
This is one of the most comfortable dresses in history. The back dips low and with it on you want to become a ballerina.
The star of the show. I am obsessed with grey and silver right now. And as always, with ruffles.

New York was bustling and full of flashing lights and snow flurries and I wish I could have stayed longer. I flew into LA briefly before coming home and used the opportunity to sport my own clothes, which I rarely do. (I plan to correct this promptly)

Stay tuned for much more reliable and regular updates...not just one every two years (see below...haha). 

PS: This blog started with dreams of being travel blog, since I always want to take photos when I travel. Problem is, I dont have much of a camera and I dont travel very much. Well, not nearly as much as I'd like. (I have some long lost photos of NOLA and the UK, but I dont see those going up anytime soon. Screw the past. Its onward and upward!

PSS: My plan is to trick some manner of investor into buying me a digital SLR, a garment manufacturing licence, a sunny second story workshop with hardwood floors and tons and tons of satin, wool and soft knits. Mmmmmmmm lovely to dream of.


No comments: