Friday, April 17, 2009

I think yesterday's ridiculousness may have actually helped. After a red bull and several cups of tea, I was alert enough to pinpoint a couple of easily solved problems:

1. I have been thinking that the only art I should do is clothing design. Not true. I used to paint all the time a few years ago. I used to make collages and sculptures and redecorate my room. There are SO MANY kinds of art. Why get down on myself for not doing something Im not inspired to do? DONT WORRY! I'm not giving up clothing design. I'm just taking a deep breath and reassessing my life as an artist.

2. I have been online way too much. I recently got internet at home: a blessing and a curse. I wake up, I get on Facebook, I check my email, I go on Myspace, I read Fark, I go on Facebook again, I waste so much time. The internet is a glorious thing, but everything in moderation! Good lord!

3. I haven't been watching live music. I used to all the time, but now that I work weekend nights, its hard to get to house shows before they end. I get so many ideas when I hear my friends play its crazy. I was reminded of this watching my best friend ALAK sing the other night.

Anyhow, I'm off to San Francisco to see Xiu Xiu and its going to be heaven spilling over with inspiration.

No comments: